If you have a layover in Dubai on your way to another destination, as an Indian national, you'll need a Transit Visa.
Luckily, this post has everything you need to know about the Dubai Transit Visa for Indians. This includes the costs, processing time, required documents, application process, and much more.
Let's get started!
Do I Need A Visa In Dubai For Transit?
Yes, you do. If you're not eligible for a Dubai Visa On Arrival, you must apply for a transit visa for Dubai, Abu Dhabi, or any other emirate in the UAE. If your layover is longer than 8 hours and you plan on leaving the airport, you need a transit visa.
What Is A Dubai Transit Visa?
The Dubai Transit Visa for Indians is a single-entry visa issued to people who must stay in Dubai or the UAE for more than 8 hours as part of airport transit. This means that if your stopover in Dubai is longer than 8 hours, you must apply for a transit visa.
As previously mentioned, Indian nationals need a transit visa to pass through the UAE (which includes Dubai).
There are two types of Transit Visas for Dubai:
- 48-hour transit visa.
- 96-hour transit visa.
Need A Dubai Transit Visa? Apply Directly On Your Phone!
Do you need to transit through the Dubai international airport and still need to get a visa? Well, worry not, as you can apply for your Dubai Transit Visa for Indians through Atlys hassle-free!
The application is seamless and takes less than 10 minutes when applied directly on your smartphone.
You can apply for your visa without knowing your flight date and without having a confirmed hotel booking. The Atlys app generates your flight itinerary and hotel itinerary for you for free when applying for your visa.
The Atlys app not only makes visa application quick and easy; it also:
- Lets you apply for the visa without knowing your exact travel dates
- Allows you to take visa photos directly on the app, eliminating the need to get a professional photo taken
- You can track your visa status and get real-time notifications directly on the app!
Everything You Need To Know About The Transit Visa
Before you apply for the Dubai Transit Visa for Indians, you need to know a few things. These things include:
What Is The Validity Of The Dubai Transit Visa For Indians?
The validity of the transit visa for Dubai depends on the type of visa you apply for. If you apply for the 48-hour visa, then the visa is valid for 12 days. However, you can only stay in Dubai for 48 hours.
The 96-hour visa is also valid for 12 days. However, once you're in Dubai, you can only stay for 96 hours.
What Are The Different Types Of Transit Visas For Dubai?
There are two transit visas for Dubai that you can apply for depending on how long you want to stay in Dubai. Here are the types of Dubai transit visas:
- 48-hour Transit Visa: This visa is issued to travelers whose layover is between 8 to 48 hours. It is a single-entry transit visa. You'll need to apply for the transit visa for Indians in advance.
Please note that when the 48-hour transit visa is issued, you can't extend it to a 96-hour transit visa.
- 96-hour Transit Visa: The Dubai 96 hours visa is issued to travelers whose layover in Dubai is between 8 to 96 hours. This is also a single-entry visa. Therefore, you'll need to leave the United Arab Emirates within 96 hours of your arrival.
Suppose you wish to visit for a longer period. In that case, you must get a Dubai Visit Visa for Indians.
How Much Is A Transit Visa For Dubai?
The cost depends on which transit visa you apply for. For example, the 48-hour visa is free of charge. However, the 96-hour transit visa is AED 50 (approximately INR 1126). Keep in mind that the Dubai Transit Visa fees for Indian citizens can change. This is why I recommend you check the fees before you apply.
Atlys offers multiple payment methods, including credit cards (Visa, Mastercard, and American Express), debit cards, mobile wallets, and dozens of other payment cards worldwide.
What Is The Transit Visa Processing Time?
It takes around 3-5 business days to process your application. However, the processing time may be longer depending on when you apply, where you apply, and your country of nationality.
Do I Need A Transit Visa For A 5-Hour Layover In Dubai?
No, you don't. You don't need a Dubai Transit Visa for Indians if you don't leave the transit area. However, if you wish to leave the airport to explore Dubai, you must apply for a transit visa.
Transit Visa Requirements
The eligibility requirements are important when applying for any visa. The requirements for the Dubai Transit Visa for Indians are as follows:
What Are The Transit Visa Required Documents?
The list of travel documents you require to apply for the transit visa is short. However, you need to make sure that you submit all these documents. If you don't, it could prolong the processing time, or in extreme cases, officials can deny your visa.
You need the following documents:
- A valid passport.
- A passport-size photograph with a white background. Make sure you check the requirements for the Dubai Visa photo. You can also use the free passport photo maker on Atlys, which gives you a photo that meets the requirements.
- An onward ticket booking to a 3rd destination other than the one you are coming from.
You need to make sure that your passport is valid for at least six months beyond your intended date of travel. Also, make sure that your passport has at least 2 blank pages. If your passport doesn't meet these requirements, officials will deny your visa.
How To Get A Dubai Transit Visa For Indians
Now that we've covered the nitty gritty details, let's discuss the Dubai Transit Visa for Indians application process.
Where Can I Apply For A Dubai Transit Visa For Indians?
There are many ways you can apply for your transit visa for Dubai. This includes through:
- The eChannels portal.
- The ICA UAE eChannels app for Apple and Android.
- Online channels offered by the relevant General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs (GDRFA) in each emirate.
It can be confusing to find the correct place to apply on the online portals. This is why I recommend you use Atlys. In the next section, I'll show you just how easy it is to apply through the app.
How To Apply For Your Dubai Transit Visa Through Atlys
The easiest way to get your Transit Visa for Dubai is through Atlys. The application process is fast and straightforward. Let me show you just how easy the Dubai Visa application is:
1. CHOOSE THE COUNTRY YOU NEED THE TRANSIT VISA FOR
After downloading the app, click "start new application" and search for the United Arab Emirates. Once you find it click on it. Next, you need to choose the type of visa you want to apply for (transit visa).
2. COMPLETE THE VISA APPLICATION FORM
Next, you need to complete the application form. You must provide your passport, personal, and travel details.
With Atlys, you can use your camera to scan and automatically upload your passport information. Your important information is automatically filled in and ready for review.
3. UPLOAD THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS
Next, upload the required documents listed in the post. Remember that you can use the passport photo maker on Atlys for free!
4. SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION
Lastly, you need to submit your application and wait for your visa. Atlys will update you on the status of your visa via email. You'll also receive your visa through email, which you must download and print.
There you have it! That's how you can get your UAE transit visa through Atlys!
What Documents Should I Have When I Arrive In Dubai?
Suppose you've landed in Dubai. Then you'll need your transit visa, passport, and proof of your flight ticket to your 3rd destination. It would be wise to have copies of your visa just in case something happens.
What To Remember While You Have Your Transit Visa
When you have a Dubai Transit Visa for Indians, there are a few Dubai transit rules to keep in mind. Firstly, it’s important to remember that these visas are intended only for those passing through the country – not those who plan to stay.
As such, they are designed as short-term transit visas, and cannot be extended beyond their validity period. It’s, therefore, essential that you plan your trip accordingly so that you don’t overstay the visa duration.
In addition, it is also important to remember that transit visas can only be issued if you have proof of onward travel. This may include air tickets or ferry tickets, depending on your mode of transport. Without this proof of onward travel, it is unlikely your visa application will be approved by the relevant authorities.
Finally, bear in mind that even after obtaining permission to enter Dubai via a transit visa, there may be restrictions on what activities you can carry out while in the city; some activities may require additional paperwork, such as special permits or licenses, which would need to be applied for separately and prior to arriving in Dubai.
What To Expect When You Arrive
The first thing you must do when you get off your flight in Dubai is to go through immigration. You'll need your Transit visa and your flight ticket to your final destination.
You can then head over to your next gate and wait for your flight or walk around the airport. Certain airlines also have packages where you can leave the airport and go sightseeing.
However, make sure that you're back in time for your flight!
Dubai Transit Visa Tips
Lastly, I want to share some tips with you. These tips will help make your travel less stressful and more comfortable.
- Take a pillow with you. Some airports have lounges where you can stay, and it's best to have a comfortable pillow to get some rest. Even if you don't go to one of the lounges and sit on a chair near your gate, you'll be more comfortable.
- Remember to pack your charger in your hand luggage.
- Find out if your airline provides lounges. This is important for when you have a long layover. Many airlines also have packages where you can book a room at a nearby hotel.
- Pack comfortable shoes like slippers in your hand luggage. After a long day of walking, wearing comfortable shoes can change your mood in seconds.
- Make sure you have an alarm for an hour before your flight. This is just to be cautious; sometimes, time goes by so fast that we don't even notice.
- Make sure you're at your gate at least an hour before your flight.
That's All For Now!
Applying for your Dubai transit visa is now easier than ever, and the required documents are minimal. So what are you waiting for? Start planning your trip and travel with ease. Be sure to check out the FAQ section on our website for more information.